Saturday, May 3, 2014

DVR-TiVo-Or whatever recording device strikes your fancy-alert!

The Charley Chase page on Facebook has a heads-up on a couple of two-reel comedies that will be shown on TCM this week (I regret not having looked at it earlier—the channel showed 1932’s In Walked Charley on April 21, one I’ve not seen):

The Count Takes the Count (1936) will run tomorrow (May 4) right after Queen Christina (1933) at 9:40am EDT…and on May 7, Fate’s Fathead (1934) will unspool after One Sunday Afternoon (1933) at 8:56am.  The channel is also going to show a Hal Roach “All-Star” (meaning no stars) outing, Mixed Nuts (1934) at 7:39am May 6 (right after The Scarlet Letter).  The voice of the male singer at the end of that musical comedy short is believed to be none other than Mr. Chase hizzownself.  I have Mixed on one of the Image Lost Films of Laurel & Hardy collections (I believe it’s Volume 7) but I don’t own nor I have seen the two Chase shorts, so it will be a treat for me.

2 comments:

thedentist said...

FWIW, as they say on the inert webs, I know of no way to record an "extra" such as these without recording the main movie. My AT&T U-Verse device is chained to the program guide for start times. I know it's possible to ADD some time after the end of something like any of the world's longest awards shows and such, but...

Anyways, thanks for the alert!!

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

I'm in the same boat, O Dental One, with the AT&T thing. One of these days I'll undergo the arduous process of hooking my DVD recorder up to the DVR and record these shorts...but until that time, does it look like I'm not lazy?